by Co+op Stronger Together
This easy and elegant parfait makes any meal or occasion just a little more special.
Total Time: 50 minutes total; 20 minutes active
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Place 1 cup of strawberries in a small bowl and add the sugar and vanilla extract. Mash the strawberries into small pieces using a fork. Refrigerate for
- Pour the cold whipping cream into a cold, medium-sized bowl. Using a beater, whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks. Fold the mashed strawberries and 3/4 of the chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Using a tablespoon, fill a wide-mouth glass (such as a martini glass or tumbler) 1/3 full with the whipped cream, then top with a layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat with more whipped cream and another layer of strawberries. Top with remaining whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Calories: 244, Fat: 15 g, Cholesterol: 41 mg, Sodium: 14 mg, Carbohydrate: 28 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 2 g