by Selva Wohlgemuth, Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist
This simple yet delicious recipe is also perfect for folks following a Low FODMAP diet.
Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots
- 1 bunch carrots (with green tops)
- 1 tablespoon clover honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- finely minced parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut off the green carrot tops leaving an inch at the top of the carrot. Save the greens to make carrot-top pesto or to toss in salads if desired. Wash and scrub the carrots and towel dry to ensure they are completely dry.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. If the carrots are thin and long, leave whole and place on the parchment paper. If the carrots are a little thicker, cut in half lengthwise. Place onto baking sheet in a single layer.
- Mix together the honey, olive oil, and vinegar in a small bowl. Drizzle over the carrots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until tender yet still firm, with browning spots. Remove from oven and sprinkle with freshly minced parsley or cilantro if desired. Serve immediately.
Learn more about the Low FODMAP diet.
Read Selva's "Dear Nutritionist" column from the March issue of the Co-op News to learn more about the Low FODMAP diet and how it can help people with GI symptoms or other digestive distress.