Organic and Land Use Practices
- To create a more comprehensive tracking system in our production departments to track organic ingredient purchases by the end of the fourth quarter of 2016.
Distribution and Sourcing
- To eliminate GMO ingredients from our deli and bakery production departments by the end of second quarter of 2016.
- Become Energy Star certified at our Cordata and Downtown store locations by the third quarter of 2016.
Climate Change and Air Emissions
- Install electric car chargers at our downtown store location, by the third quarter of 2016.
Water Use and Quality
- Improve water filtration in our downtown store parking lot; by the third quarter of 2016.
Solid Waste Reduction
- Conduct a waste audit of all departments and improve internal recycling systems by the end of the fourth quarter of 2016.
Packaging and Marketing Materials
- Create signage for customers on how to recycle our packaging by the end of the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Eliminate foam packaging from meat and specialty cheese departments by the end of fourth quarter of 2016.
- Update all department training materials for new workers and review best practices for existing staff, by the end of the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Create a new vendor application for new local meat and seafood vendors to better understand the details of their systems and animal care.
- Build and install a new customer recycling center at our downtown store location by the end of the third quarter of 2016. COMPLETED
- Create a Sustainability binder/hub for customer reference with all of our programs, reports, etc. by the end of the fourth quarter of 2016.
Governance and Community Engagement
- Increase Sustainability Coordinator’s participation in tabling events.