Organic and Land Use Practices
- Successfully transition organic certification duties from produce department managers to Sustainability Coordinator.
Distribution and Sourcing
- Create new protocol to track local product sales (as opposed to cost of goods) in our point of sale system, and update all product info by the end of the second quarter.
- Become Energy Star certified at our Cordata and Downtown store locations by the end of the third quarter.
Climate Change and Air Emissions
- Continue education on Greenhouse Gas Emission reporting for Sustainability Coordinator (ongoing throughout year).
Water Use and Quality
- Identify cause(s) of water use increase at the Cordata store by the end of third quarter.
Solid Waste Reduction
- Reduce downtown landfill dumpster size from 6 yard to 4 yard container by end of the first quarter.
Packaging and Marketing Materials
- Eliminate foam packaging from meat and specialty cheese departments by the end of the fourth quarter.
- Promote available commuting incentives to staff throughout the year and create a rewards program using existing partnerships – SMART Trips, state incentive, etc. (ongoing throughout the year).
- Figure out an external seafood rating system, or commit to an internal system by the end of the fourth quarter.
- Work with WSU Master Recycler program to provide community outreach credit for those being certified by end of Q4.
Governance and Community Engagement
- Review and revise sustainability metrics to better represent the data that is: compelling to our customers, required for reporting to the SFTA and NCG, and useful internally.