Pitch your best idea! We're listening.
The Co-op is inviting “pitches” from young Whatcom County artists, innovators, and entrepreneurs (ages 18 to 30) for projects that generate inclusion and cooperation in the community.
The winning proposal will be awarded $1,000.
- Application received on or before September 13, 2019.
- You must be a young entrepreneur between 18 and 30 years old on or before October 17, 2019.
- Group submissions accepted if 51% of the group is between 18 and 30 years old on or before October 17, 2019.
- Your project should further the Co-op’s strategic goals in the community with particular emphasis on equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Proposals that are Co-op operational in nature will not be considered, including but not limited to products, facilities, and staff.
- Accepted applicants must present their idea in person at the Co-op’s Pitchfest event on October 17, 2019 in Bellingham.
- Accepted applicants must be also be available for one individual feedback session prior to the event.
- Participants and prize winners agree to have your photo and story shared with the Co-op community.
- Prize winners agree to communicate the success of your project, and lessons learned, in person or in writing, including pictures or video at the completion of the project for use in Co-op marketing or promotion.
What to Expect at Pitchfest
- Pitchfest is a live event with an audience and will be held in Downtown Bellingham on October 17, 2019. Location announced prior to the event.
- Be prepared to deliver a pitch of your proposal to the audience. NO visuals, musical instruments, supplements, collaborative partners (in other words, no fancy bells and whistles – we just want to hear from you) are allowed during your pitch.
- Be ready for two rounds for your pitch.
- The first round is 3 minutes to present. The audience vote will determine who moves on to the second round.
- The second round will allow up to 5 minutes to present followed by 5 minutes of questions and answers. A panel of community judges will vote to determine the winning pitch.
Ready to Apply?
- Fill out the online application.