The Connections Building Classroom (Downtown) and the Local Roots Room (Cordata) are available for non-commercial member-owner use as long as reservation requests meet the following requirements: a member-owner must place the reservation and be present for the duration of the room use and the event cannot be open to the public. Groups of all points of view are welcome, other than those in direct conflict with the Co-op’s Mission and Values.
- meetings for staff, volunteers, or boards of directors of nonprofits, community action groups, or clubs
- private member-owner events and celebrations
- meditation or yoga groups
- support groups
- study groups or class presentations
- private training sessions (i.e. CPR class) for your employees
- informational sessions on network (multi-level) marketing
- product demonstrations
- political campaign planning, election committees, candidate support, etc.
- performances, workshops, or classes open to the general public
- commercial use of any kind
- Member-owners can request a reservation online. The Local Roots Room at the Cordata store is not available on weekdays between 11 am and 2 pm.
- For additional information or scheduling questions, contact Alana Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-734-8158 ext. 309.
- For information about Healthy Connections classes or to inquire about teaching a class, contact Kevin Murphy at email@example.com.
The rooms are available as a benefit for member-owners, and we gladly accept monetary contributions. Payments can be made with any cashier or at the service desk prior to or after the event or meeting.
- The suggested donation is $10/hour for private events, meetings, and gatherings.
- For governmental groups, large for-profit businesses, and educational institutions, we charge $30/hour or $150 for a full day.
- Parking is limited. Park off-site if possible.
- Downtown: Limited parking available behind the Connections Building (access via alley). Avoid parking in the main lots for the store or bakery (exception for handicap access).
- Cordata: We encourage carpooling or alternative transportation.
Kitchen use and cleanup
- Excellent catering and grab-n-go options are available from the Co-op deli and bakery.
- Use of the kitchen and its dishes, utensils, and other supplies is not included.
- Rooms need to be cleaned/tidied, including cleaning tables. Dishes from the Co-op deli need to be returned to the deli.
Projector screens, TV/DVD players (Cordata only), and easels are available upon request. Groups need to provide their own LCD projectors. Wi-Fi password is “eatlocal” at all locations; streaming speeds may be inconsistent.
Alcohol is not allowed