At the Co-op we think of ourselves as a community hub with a focus on quality food.
In order to be a community hub, we must be responsive, be engaged, and hold a welcoming space for all members of our community.
As the topic of racial equity fills so much of the news, it is important to not only state our commitment but to also reflect on and question the culture and community practices we live with that may further racial and social inequity. Racial equity work is a journey that includes a shift in policies, procedures, and our culture. There is no quick solution or “fix.” We invite our community to learn and challenge itself with us as we build a co-op that feels welcoming to all.
We believe this work is integral to fulfilling our stated vision, mission and values as a cooperative.
Our Proposed Strategic Plan Goal
With the intention of driving action and measurable change around equity, diversity, and inclusion within the Community Food Co-op, employees and board directors have DRAFTED the following strategic plan goal. Before finalizing the goal we would like to know your thoughts, as it will guide our work over the next few years.
Please take our 1 minute survey and share your feedback.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion goal in our strategic plan–
GOAL: We purposefully identify, discuss, and challenge systems of oppression and the disempowering impacts they have on the organization and our community.
Over the next five years, we will focus efforts to:
- Increase diverse cultural representation within our organization to create a culture of inclusivity in staff, members-owners, shoppers, and leadership.
- Strengthen staff development programs to support internal skill, leadership, and service.
- Publicly report equity, diversity, and inclusion indicators and progress that transform industry standards.
- Develop systems to incorporate community input into our processes and policies.
- Build collaborations and partnerships that drive equity, diversity, and inclusion goals.
Report an Incident
We take complaints of racial bias very seriously and are committed to addressing them quickly and thoroughly. Please click here to report any incident of bias or racial profiling and harassment in our stores.