Organic and Land Use Practices
- Tighten cashier protocols surrounding organic produce purchases at point of sale by the end of Quarter 2.
Distribution and Sourcing
- Provide familiar products to people of color within our community by exploring partnerships with local producers that provide culturally authentic foods and products by the end of Quarter 4.
- Become 2018 Energy Star certified at our Cordata and Downtown store locations by the end of Quarter 3.
Climate Change and Air Emissions
- Increase accuracy of staff travel reporting by the end of Quarter 4.
Water Use and Quality
- Decrease the amount of water from 63.66 gallons per ft2 to 62.5 gallons per ft2 (organization-wide) for fiscal year 2018.
Solid Waste Reduction
- Determine if there is a cost effective way to recycle 5# coffee bags by the end of Quarter 3.
Packaging and Marketing Materials
- Develop customer informational signage on how to dispose of containers by the end of Quarter 4.
- Fully implement new protocols/policies related to ongoing racial equity work into our personnel policies and quantify in our sustainability reporting by the end of Quarter 4.
- Achieve Ocean Friendly Restaurant certification for both Delis and the Coffee Shop from the Surfrider Foundation by the end of Quarter 2.
- Work with Sustainable Connections to create a sustainability reporting mentor group for the Bellingham business community at large by the end of Quarter 3.
Governance and Community Engagement
- Develop new in-store signage sharing our (and possibly product/brand) sustainability initiatives throughout the year.