The Community Food Co-op in Bellingham, Washington, is seeking our next general manager to replace our long-term retiring GM and to lead our community-owned food cooperative in an increasingly competitive environment.
With a devoted and passionate membership and staff, and a high-functioning, proactive board of directors, we have grown to three locations in the Bellingham area with more than 14,000 active member-owners, 250 employees, and $34.5 million in annual sales.
Where we live, work, and play
Bellingham is a university town near two vibrant cities: Seattle and Vancouver, B.C. Nestled between mountains and coastal wilderness, the destination is renowned for its natural beauty, abundant outdoor activities, and its strong community commitment to local food and agriculture.
We are looking for a cooperator who:
- Is committed to the co-op business model as a core value.
- Has a track record of sound fiscal decision making, strategic thinking, and analytical problem solving.
- Has a strong understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion – along with self-awareness and cultural competency.
- Operates with a collaborative leadership style and holds accountability for self and others.
- Builds trust by listening and incorporating others’ feedback.
- Can face conflict with clarity, confidence, and compassion.