by Laura Steiger, Outreach Team
October is many things to many people. It is the height of autumn leaf colors. It is breathtaking hikes in the mountains. It is the fun of Halloween festivities. And it is Doctober at Pickford Film Center, our beloved local independent movie theater.
It is also Co-op Month, Non-GMO Month, and Fair Trade Month, which means it is a very busy month at the Co-op!
Congratulations on being a Co-op member-owner.
Here are some ways you can celebrate:
- Enter the annual Member-Owner Appreciation Drawing at either store. One very lucky person will win a $300 Co-op shopping spree!
- Attend one of the special events we host during the month.
- Enjoy big savings on a shopping trip with your Member-Owner Appreciation Coupon.
- Shop for products from our fellow co-ops. Look for the “co-op supporting co-op” tags on our shelves.
- Nominate an outstanding member of our community for the Cooperator Award. Cooperators bring people together, create a sense of community, improve the quality of life of everyone around them, explore common values, and publicly share their knowledge, wisdom, and skills. And they always seem to be the kind, caring, heartfelt, people that we are so lucky and grateful to have living among us. Look for nomination forms in our stores and on our website.
- Take a moment to reflect on why you became a Co-op member-owner, whether it was four months ago or 40 years ago, and introduce someone new to what you love about the Co-op.
You Own It!
We are grateful for the continuing support of all our member-owners.
You help us strive to be our absolute best. Keep the Co-op love flowing so Whatcom County’s only community-owned grocery store can continue to grow and thrive.
Not a Co-op Member-Owner Yet?
Join during Co-op Month and receive:
- A $10 Co-op gift card (the first 100 people to join at each store).
- One entry for a $150 local goody basket.
- The opportunity to enter our annual member-owner appreciation drawing. If you are already a member-owner don’t forget to enter!
- It costs only $8 to join ($5 annual dues + your first $3 member share installment). People age 62 or older join for free.