by Co+op, welcome to the table
Serve this crumble warm with a scoop of ice cream and you can't miss. Vary the flavors by adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the topping, or change the balance of berries in the mix. Substitute a gluten-free flour blend if you prefer.
Posted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.
Mixed Berry Crumble
Total Time: 40 minutes; 15 minutes active
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, salt, and zest.
- Add the melted butter and stir to mix. Reserve.
- Place the berries in a 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with sugar, arrowroot or cornstarch, and vanilla. Toss gently to coat, until well combined.
- Crumble the oat mixture over the berries in the dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the juices are thick and bubbly all the way around the dish.
- Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes before serving.
270 calories, 12 g. fat, 30 mg. cholesterol, 160 mg. sodium, 39 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 3 g. protein