by Lisa Samuel, Co-op News contributor
Quick, easy, vegetarian, and only one pot to clean.
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch swiss chard or kale, leaves stemmed and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4–5 cups water
- fresh basil
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese,
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, garlic, swiss chard or kale, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt and 4 cups of the water in a large pot or straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 to 12 minutes (depending on the cooking time of your pasta, check package directions).
- As the pasta is cooking, add extra water as needed if it seems too dry.
- Divide among 6 bowls and garnish with basil and fresh parmesan.