Focus on Health: Wellness Day at the Co-op's Downtown Store
Free, everyone welcome
The Co-op wishes you a happy and healthy New Year, and to give you a head start on your best health we invite you to join us for Wellness Day.
In the Downtown Store—
• Samples and information from local vendors including Booda Organics, Country Life Vitamins, Garden of Life, Andalou, and Nordic Naturals.
• Tasty treats (like smoothies) from various Co-op departments.
• Chair massage by Dora Keating, ND/LMT, from The Shanti Center.
• Information from Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement (WAHA) regarding health care, open enrollment, and general health education.
• Chat with Jim Ehmke, popular Co-op Healthy Connections wellness class instructor.
In the Co-op Connections Classroom—
(across the street from the Downtown store)
Co-op Wellness Talks featuring Co-op Healthy Connection class instructors and local health practitioners. Attend one session, or join us for the entire series!
1 pm Brain Health with Jim Ehmke, clinical nutritionist. Learn proactive ways to enhance memory and prevent Alzheimer’s.
1:20 pm Current Trends in Health Care with Michael A. Gregory, advanced registered nurse practitioner. Michael believes in a proactive approach to health and fitness. He encourages patients to make healthy food choices that complement an active lifestyle.
1:40 pm Tips for a Deliciously Balanced Plant-Based Diet with Michelle Smith, registered dietitian nutritionist and nutrition coach. Learn simple ways to adopt a more plant-based way of eating with simple and practical steps.
2 pm Hemp and Wellness with Christy King, Cordata wellness team. Learn about the health benefits of hempseed oil and CBD oil, a non-psychoactive cannabis extract, and the body’s endocannabinoid system, cannabinoid receptors, and more.
2:20 pm Stress & Digestion with Isabel Castro, certified ayurvedic practitioner. Learn simple stress-relieving tips to enhance digestion and feel more nourished after meals.
2:40 pm Rapid Relaxation with Hypnosis with Erika Flint, board certified hypnotist and accredited certified professional hypnotherapy instructor. Learn to reduce the sensation of anxiety, and stay in control and think clearly in stressful situations.