by Josh and Tomo Kramer of Apple State Vinegar
A delicious warming tonic to support digestive health.
Health starts in the gut—it’s important to have a balance of good bacteria so we can properly digest our food and absorb the nutrients we need to do all the things we love. But often, a combination of factors can leave our gut less than happy. We feel bloated, sluggish, tired, and it can affect other parts of our body, too. That’s where our raw apple cider vinegar comes in! This yummy drink combines the digestive power of apple cider vinegar with vibrant ginger, sweet maple, and just a little kick of pepper. Sit back, sip, and enjoy some stomach ease (plus
Maple-Ginger Tummy Tonic
makes one big mug of warm alcohol-free mocktail
- 2 cups water
- 2 inches peeled crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons Apple State Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- pinch of pepper (you can use black pepper, cayenne, or any semi-spicy pepper)
- Bring water and ginger to a rolling boil on a stovetop, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, pouring the ginger-water into your favorite mug.
- Add vinegar, maple syrup, and pepper. Stir and enjoy!
Note: We love ginger as a base for this tonic, but any whole spice can work well. Feel free to substitute turmeric root, a cinnamon stick, or any of your other favorites.
Learn more about this local business, the health benefits of raw vinegar, and find more recipes at Apple State Vinegar's website, Instagram, and Facebook.
Read our profile of Apple State Vinegar and it's sister business, Shrub Farm, at Local Vendor Profile: Shrub Farm.