The Co-op wishes you a happy and healthy New Year, and to give you a head start on your best health we invite you to join us for Wellness Day at the Co-op.
In both stores—
• 20% off all supplements (all day, while supplies last)!
• Demos and samples from local vendors and tasty treats (like smoothies) from various Co-op departments.
• Enter to win wellness products.
In the Downtown store—
• Live music by Hawthorn Creek. Smoky, sultry, swamp music with amazing male-female vocal harmonies and dirty slide guitar.
• Chair massage by Dora Keating, ND/LMT, from The Shanti Center.
• Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement (WAHA) answers questions regarding health care, open enrollment, and general health education.
Co-op Talks in the Co-op Connections classroom (across the street from the Downtown store)—
Co-op Wellness Talks feature knowledgeable local health practitioners. Attend one session, or join us for the entire series!
(approximately 15 minutes each)
• 1 pm Brain Health with Jim Ehmke, clinical nutritionist. Learn proactive ways to enhance memory and prevent Alzheimer’s.
• 1:20 pm What Your Face and Tongue Say About Your Health with Katrina Svoboda Johnson, certified ayurvedic practitioner, owner of Ayurvedic Health Center & Wellness Shop. Like a reflexology map, the health of the body can be read in both the face and tongue.
• 1:40 pm DIY Health with Mystique Grobe, naturopathic doctor. Discover ways to help yourself medicinally and preventively in a world where real health has to be our priority.
• 2 pm Joyful Self-care & Resilient Well-being with Deborah Zucker, naturopathic doctor and author of The Vitality Map: A Guide to Deep Health, Joyful Self-Care, and Resilient Well-Being. Free yourself from the trap of being too serious about health and self-care. Learn to be flexible, curious, and playful on your health journey to sustain it for the long run.
• 2:20 pm Carbohydrates: How Low Can You Go? with Selva Wohlgemuth, registered dietitian nutritionist. Join in the discussion on carbohydrates and their role in health and disease. Be prepared for some solid evidence-based nutrition information.
• 2:40 pm Tai Chi and Qigong with Kelly Hong-Williams, certified tai chi and qigong instructor, owner of Powered by Qi. Improve energy flow and balance. Learn some quick techniques to melt stress, improve posture, and clear the mind.
• 3 pm Tips for a Deliciously Balanced Plant-Based Diet with Michelle Smith, registered dietitian nutritionist and nutrition coach. Learn simple ways to adopt a more plant-based way of eating with simple and practical steps.
• 3:20 pm Rapid Relaxation with Hypnosis with Erika Flint, board certified hypnotist and accredited certified professional hypnotherapy instructor. Utilize the power of your mind to achieve near instantaneous relaxation with hypnosis. Feel lighter, reduce stress, sleep better, and enjoy your life more than ever before.
• 3:40 pm Ten Ways to Nourish Yourself Today with Kate MacKenzie, health coach. Start the New Year with simple and nourishing ideas for your body and mind.