by Katie Hinton, Owner of Bellingham Pasta Co.
Making lasagna with fresh pasta is fun and easy.
The fresh noodles don’t require cooking before assembling the lasagna.
When layering your pasta, remember to leave space for the noodles to expand, because the moisture in the sauce, vegetables, and cheeses is absorbed by the noodles during baking.
- 1 package of Bellingham Pasta Co. fresh lasagna sheets
- 32 ounces marinara sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 16 ounces ricotta
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 4-5 cups of your favorite sliced veggies: mushrooms, zucchini
or eggplant (peeled and lightly salted) all work well
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, egg, half the grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt, and pepper.
- In bottom of baking dish, drizzle olive oil and smear a few tablespoons of marinara.
- Assemble four layers:
- In each layer: pasta (not too close as they will expand), marinara, and alternate between ricotta mix and mozzarella (ending with mozzarella in final layer).
- Add veggies in first layer (lower two if needed).
- Top with remaining half of grated Pecorino Romano or
- Cover with foil and bake 45–50 minutes at 375 F. Remove foil and bake 5–10 minutes until bubbly and browned.