by By Josh and Tomo Kramer of Shrub Farm
We love having this on a windy PNW evening to feel warm and cozy from the inside out!
Pairing roasted squash with delightful toppings like goat cheese and dried cranberries, it hits all the right notes of hearty, healthy, and a little bit sweet. It’s drizzled with a Hibiscus & Orange Shrub vinaigrette, too, for an added boost of digestive goodness.
Photo by Habiba Sial
Harvest Hibiscus Salad
For the salad
- delicata squash
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- fun add-ons like goat cheese, dried cranberries, and pecans
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons Hibiscus & Orange Shrub
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Cut the delicata in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Save for roasting or discard. Cut the squash in smile-shaped slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip them over. Bake for another 10 or 15 minutes until cooked through.
- For the kale, massage with lemon juice until it becomes tender and bright green.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a jar and shake until combined.
- Top the kale with the delicata, the shrub dressing, and any other seasonal toppings your heart desires.