- Mix together the sliced apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and white sugar. Place the apple mixture in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. In this recipe, we chose local Tsugaru apples from Bellewood Acres. Honeycrisps are another great option.
- In a stand mixer, combine the brown sugar, flour, and oats using a flat beater attachment. Add in the cookie butter slowly, spoonfuls at a time. Once the cookie butter starts to form clumps in the dough, add in the cold butter a couple tablespoons at a time. The mixture is done when the butter forms small clumps and before a thick dough is formed.
- Crumble the crisp topping over the apples by hand.
- Place the crisp in the oven at 350 degrees until the sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.
- Let rest for 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!
Watch this recipe in action on our Instagram.