- Wash and dry the apples and insert a stick into the core of each.
- Line a plate with waxed paper and place the chocolate chips on a plate.
- In a small pot, combine the condensed milk, peanut butter and vanilla and mix with a wooden spoon. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring until the mixture is thick and pulling away from the sides of the pot, about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and transfer to a cool bowl. Let cool before handling. Mold the mixture around the apple, covering it evenly. Roll in the chips, then place on the waxed paper. Continue with remaining apples.
- Refrigerate until the coating is cold and firm, about 2 hours.
Original recipe from our friends at grocery.coop