At the Community Food Co-op we recognize that our responsibilities go beyond the products on our shelves.
We Are Sustainability Stars
Community Food Co-op has been recognized for our excellence in our sustainability efforts, some of our awards and certifications include:
- Outstanding Company award from The Climate Collaborative
- Sustainability Champion award from Sustainable Connections
- Surfrider Foundation Ocean Friendly Restaurants Certification
- EnviroStars Green Business
- LEED certified at our Cordata store location
The Co-op continues to make a positive impact on environmental issues. We are currently working with Ecotech Solar to add a solar array to our Holly St. location, as well as holding Solar Seminars to provide information on solar energy to our community.
Check out our webinar with Sustainable Connections on Solutions to Single-Use Plastics.
2023 Sustainability Report
The 2023 Sustainability Report highlights just a few of our achievements from the most recent calendar year. Data for the 2023 report was collected from December 26, 2021 – December 31, 2022.
Questions About Sustainability?
Contact our Sustainability Manager, Melissa Elkins at 360-734-8158, ext. 318.