The Co-op is proud to support local* organizations through education, event sponsorships, and various types of donations, grants, and loans.
Giving back to our community is an important aspect of The Co-op Difference!
Choose the level of support that is appropriate for your request.
Donation (generally $10–$300 range)
- Co-op gift cards are donated for the purchase of Co-op food and goods for community meetings, fundraising events, or other functions in alignment with the Co-op’s ends**.
- Submit completed request form at least 10 days prior to event to Kevin Murphy.
Sponsorship (generally more than $300)
- Provided to help underwrite community events in alignment with the Co-op’s ends**.
- Submitted completed request form at least 21 days before event to Kevin Murphy.
- We will work together to determine the most appropriate way to acknowledge the Co-op’s gift at your event.
MAC Grant ($400)
- The Co-op Board of Directors, through its Member Affairs Committee (MAC), can award up to six grants (of $400 each) annually to local* community groups whose mission, vision, and values are in alignment with the Co-op’s ends** and whose work helps assure the availability of services that support the health, well-being, and sustainability of our community.
- Submit completed request form at least two weeks prior to a MAC meeting (usually the last Wednesday of the month) to Jean Rogers.
- We may ask MAC grant recipients for follow-up information to inform readers of Co-op publications about your work.
*For the Co-op, “local” means from Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, San Juan, or Island counties; however, we prioritize applications from Whatcom County-based organizations.
**To learn more about the mission and goals of the Co-op, please read our strategic plan.