Community Shopping Days
Every year the Co-op Member Affairs Committee (MAC) and Board of Directors selects community organizations to be the monthly Community Shopping Days (CSD) recipient.
Community Shopping Days recipients receive 2% of the Co-op’s total sales on the third Saturday of their designated month and all register donations made during the month.
There are two ways to support these organizations.
- 2% Saturdays: Shop the third Saturday of the month. The Co-op donates 2% of total sales from this day.
- Donate the Difference: Round up your purchase at the register on any day and 100% of your donation is given directly to that month’s Community Shopping Day recipient.
2023 Community Shopping Days Recipients
2% Saturdays Donation Totals—It All Adds Up!
In 2022, the Co-op donated $29,366.64.
In 2021, the Co-op donated $28,217.69.
We are pleased to welcome these organizations to the 2023 Community Shopping Days program. After a thorough and thoughtful application review process by the Co-op’s Member Affairs Committee, our Board of Directors approved these organizations as the 2023 Community Shopping Days recipients.
2023 Community Shopping Days Program
- January — Road2Home
- February — Friends of the Family Resource Center
- March — Coffee and Sandwiches Together (CAST)
- April — Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services of Whatcom County (DVSAS)
- May — Lydia Place
- June — The Jazz Project
- July — American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- August — Foothills Community Food Partnership
- September — Pass the Hat
- October — Twin Sisters Farmers Markets
- November — Master Gardeners in Washington
- December — Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County (HFHWC)