by Co+op, welcome to the table
Tangy sweet balsamic sauce complements fresh strawberries atop ice cream, yogurt, or pound cake for a spectacular dessert. Spoon some over sliced pound cake or angel food cake for a special dessert.
Posted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, mix together the balsamic vinegar and honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, until the mixture has slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Toss the strawberries with the balsamic glaze and stir in the mint.
- Once the sauce has cooled, drizzle over scoops of yogurt or ice cream in individual serving dishes.
45 calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 0 mg. sodium, 10 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 0 g. protein