by Co+op welcome to the table
This easy and elegant parfait makes any meal or occasion just a little more special.
Total Time: 50 minutes total; 20 minutes active
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Place 1 cup of strawberries in a small bowl and add the sugar and vanilla extract. Mash the strawberries into small pieces using a fork. Refrigerate for
- Pour the cold whipping cream into a cold, medium-sized bowl. Using a beater, whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks. Fold the mashed strawberries and 3/4 of the chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Using a tablespoon, fill a wide-mouth glass (such as a martini glass or tumbler) 1/3 full with the whipped cream, then top with a layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat with more whipped cream and another layer of strawberries. Top with remaining whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Posted by permission from welcometothetable.coop. Find recipes and articles about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.
Calories: 244, Fat: 15 g, Cholesterol: 41 mg, Sodium: 14 mg, Carbohydrate: 28 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 2 g