By Nick Barrett, Prepared Foods Manager
Folks have been requesting serving suggestions for our new line of ready-to-cook meat entrees, and Nick has answered the call!
You could simply grill (as pictured above), bake, or cook 'em up on the stove top and serve with your favorite side dishes. But for something new, try one of these simple yet delicious dinner suggestions and enjoy a healthy and satisfying home-cooked dinner in a flash.
Bulgogi Cabbage Wraps
Makes 8–12 wraps
- 2–2.5 pounds Co-op In-house Bulgogi Beef
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang chili paste
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 2–3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- sliced cucumber
- sliced radish
- sliced red onion
- Grill or bake beef and slice into strips.
- On a large cabbage leaf, smear chili paste (to taste) and then layer rice, beef, carrot, green onion, sesame seeds, and optional ingredients as desired.
- Wrap and enjoy!
Bulgogi Beef (grilled and served in a salad)
Grilled Chimi Summer Salad
- 2 pounds Co-op In-house Chimichurri Chicken
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 ears corn (or frozen corn, thawed)
- 2–3 ripe tomatoes, wedged
- 1 container of grab-and-go fajita vegetables (available in the produce department)
- 4 radishes, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- cooked black beans (optional)
- parsley, for garnish
- Grill chicken until cooked through and slice.
- Grill corn on the cob, cool and cut off kernels.
- Grill fajita veggies in a foil pack with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Plate lettuce, add remaining ingredients and drizzle with your favorite dressing. (Nick's favorite is Primal Kitchen Greek Dressing.)
Chicken Chimichurri Dinner
This is an easy one!
- Co-op In-house Chicken Chimichurri, grilled (approximately 6 ounces per serving)
- grilled bell peppers and onions (or use the grab-and-go fajita veggies available in the produce department)
- your favorite roasted potato recipe (suggestion: when fresh from the oven, toss with a squeeze of lemon, fresh parsley, and minced garlic)
- grilled corn on the cob