In 2012, the International Year of Cooperatives, the Community Food Co-op’s Board of Directors created a 10-year Strategic Plan.
The plan was updated in 2018 and the Board now has seven long-range goals and a set of strategies for how the Co-op can best serve the member-owners and the community in the years ahead.
Our 10-year Goals
(click on each title to learn more about individual goals)
- Economic Resilience Build on our core competencies as natural-food grocers and extend the reach of our cooperative business.
- Local Food System Development Collaborate in the development of a vibrant local and regional food production and distribution system.
- Community Engagement Engage with the community to build strategic partnerships and effectively tell our story.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion We purposefully identify, seek to understand, and challenge systems of oppression and the disempowering impact they have on the organization and our community. (Report an incident of bias, racial profiling, or harassment.)
- Healthy Food Access Embrace the diversity of our community and take the initiative to make high-quality, nutritious, culturally appropriate, and affordable food more accessible to all.
- Exemplary Workplace Cultivate a work environment that generates staff engagement and models excellent employment practices.
- Stewardship & Advocacy Energize our member-owners to support positive change around core issues that affect the Co-op and the community’s future. (Request advocacy support from the Co-op.)