In 2012, the International Year of Cooperatives, the Community Food Co-op’s Board of Directors created a 10-year Strategic Plan.
After a year of gathering input and evaluating opportunities, the Board determined six long-range goals, and developed a set of strategies for how the Co-op can best serve the member-owners and the community in the years ahead.
Our 10-year Goals
(click on each title to learn more about individual goals)
- Economic Resilience Build on our core competencies as natural-food grocers and extend the reach of our cooperative business.
- Local Food System Development Collaborate in the development of a vibrant local and regional food production and distribution system.
- Community Engagement Engage with the community to build strategic partnerships and effectively tell our story.
- Healthy Food Access Embrace the diversity of our community and take the initiative to make high-quality, nutritious, culturally appropriate, and affordable food more accessible to all.
- Exemplary Workplace Cultivate a work environment that generates staff engagement and models excellent employment practices.
- Stewardship & Advocacy Energize our member-owners to support positive change around core issues that affect the Co-op and the community’s future. (Request advocacy support from the Co-op.)