by Selva Wohlgemuth, Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist
This recipe from Selva Wohlgemuth is rich in magnesium, vitamin C, and probiotics, and is a great way to enjoy a treat that is full of whole foods ingredients.
It can be served for breakfast or as a dessert.
Super Green Chia Pudding
Makes 2 servings.
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of your favorite granola
- Fresh berries
- In a blender combine banana, yogurt, almond milk, baby spinach, maple syrup, and sea salt. Blend on high speed until smooth. Adjust sweetness to taste with maple syrup.
- Pour into a glass bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight. Stir occasionally.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into two mason jars, or serving glasses, and top with your favorite granola and fresh berries. Enjoy!
- Optional: If too thick for your preference, add more almond milk to chia pudding.