Apply for a 2021 SEED Grant
Aplicación en español: Lea las instrucciones de la aplicación y descargue la hoja de trabajo para preparar su aplicación. Aplicar aquí.
Read the application instructions and download the worksheet to prepare your application. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and other economic stresses, some important changes are outlined in the instructions:
- projects must fit one of two categories—healthy food access or local food system development
- eight SEED grants will be awarded for 2021
- application deadline is Saturday, August 15, 2020.
Every year the Co-op Member Affairs Committee and Board of Directors selects community organizations to participate in our SEED program.
SEED program recipients receive 2% of the Co-op's total sales on their designated Community Shopping Day and all register donations made during the month.
There are two ways to support these organizations.
- 2% Saturdays: Shop the third Saturday of the month. The Co-op donates 2% of total sales from this day.
- Donate the Difference: Round up your purchase at the register on any day and 100% of your donation is given directly to that month's SEED recipient.
2019 Donation Totals—It All Adds Up!
In 2019, the Co-op donated $26,197.40 from 2% Saturdays. Register donations for the year totaled $1,614.57.
2020 SEED Recipients
We are pleased to welcome these organizations to the 2020 SEED program. After a thorough and thoughtful application review process by the Co-op’s Member Affairs Committee, our Board of Directors approved these organizations as this year’s SEED recipients.
January — Birchwood Food Desert Fighters
February — Northwest Indian College Foundation
March — Bellingham Girls Rock Camp
April — Ferndale Community Service Cooperative
May — Friends of the Deming Library
June — Make.Shift
July — Our Treehouse
August — The Whatcom Dream
September — Common Threads
October — Northwest Youth Services
November — Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association
December — Whatcom Family YMCA