Every year the Co-op Member Affairs Committee and Board of Directors selects 12 community organizations to participate in our SEED program.
SEED program recipients receive 2% of the Co-op's total sales on their designated Community Shopping Day and all register donations made during the month. Organizations also have the opportunity to educate shoppers about their programs in the Co-op newsletter and with in-store displays.
There are two ways to support these organizations.
- 2% Saturdays: Shop the third Saturday of the month. The Co-op donates 2% of total sales from this day.
- Donate the Difference: Round up your purchase at the register on any day and 100% of your donation is given directly to that month's SEED recipient.
Apply for a 2019 SEED
- Open and download the 2019 SEED Application Worksheet. The worksheet is a tool that will help you fill out the web form (linked below) and has the necessary background information and instructions that you will need to apply.
- Submit your application via the web form.
- Application deadline is September 1, 2018.
If you need assistance, contact Kris Buettner at 360-734-8158 ext. 309 or email@example.com.
2018 SEED Recipients
Please support these organizations in the following months. The Co-op received more than 60 worthy applications for the 2018 donation program. Congratulations to the following 12 organizations!
January — Whatcom Human Rights Task Force
February — Growing Alliances
March — Let’s Move! Blaine
April — Communities in Schools of Whatcom County
May — ReUse Works
June — Bellingham Arts Academy for Youth (BAAY)
July — Brigid Collins Family Support Center
August — Whatcom Food Network
September — Whatcom Peace & Justice Center
October — Whatcom Dispute Resolution Center
November — Community to Community (C2C)
December — The Humanitas Ministry of the Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship