YOU OWN IT
YOU SAVE BIG
YOU GIVE BACK
The Community Food Co-op is Whatcom County's only consumer-owned grocery store. That means if you join, you own it. In return, we pledge to serve our member-owners with quality products and honest information.
Our purpose is not to generate a profit for a single owner but to stay financially strong so we can serve the needs of Co-op member-owners and to give back to our community.
At the Co-op, local isn't just a tagline. And sustainability isn't just a talking point. It's simply the way we do business, with care and conscience.
Join a revolution—a truly locally grown, community-owned cooperative grocery store.
The next time you shop, sign up at any register or at the service desk.
Ownership requires a one-time fully refundable capital investment of $90, which can be paid in full upon joining or in $3 monthly installments. Member-owners pay a $5 annual dues, which is non-refundable.
Age 62 or older? Your capital investment and annual fees are waived.
- Discounts on special orders (temporarily suspended during the COVID-19 restrictions)
- Member appreciation coupons
- Annual patronage dividend (in years when the Co-op is profitable)
- Voting privileges for the Board of Directors
- Participation in Co-op governance—run in the annual Board election or join the Member Affairs Committee
- Use of Community Rooms—Cordata Roots Room or Downtown Connections Building (temporarily suspended during COVID-19 restrictions)
- Support local businesses, food producers, and nonprofit organizations
- Receive discounts from our local business partners