by Matt Curtis, former Co-op Graphic Designer
Make burger night truly delicious. Oregon Country Beef seems to cook up more tender and juicy than conventional beef, with a more neutral flavor. I love that the subtle spices of this burger seasoning come through.
This burger recipe would also be a delicious taco filling. Simply cook on the stovetop and add to your favorite taco fillings.
Smoky & Spicy Pasture-raised Burgers
- 16-ounces pasture-raised ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar or pepper jack cheese slices (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, making sure diced onion and serrano pepper are distributed throughout the hamburger mixture.
- Form 4–5 equally sized balls of hamburger meat.
- Form 3/4” thick patties and place on wax paper.
- Pan fry or grill to desired doneness, placing a slice of cheese on each burger and covering for the last minute.
- Let rest a few minutes before placing on toasted
sesame seed buns.